Our latest collaboration with Russian River Brewing Company resulted in STiVO, a mashup of our famed Pivo Pils and Russian River’s iconic STS Pils. The relationship between our two breweries — and more specifically, between Firestone Walker Brewmaster Matt Brynildson and Russian River Owner/Brewer Vinnie Cilurzo — goes back 15 years, and it’s full of stories that show how collaborative and friendly the craft beer world can be. This isn’t the first time we’ve made STiVO together, but it is the first time we’ve released it in cans. All this and more has led to a lot of people talking about STiVO, so we thought we’d compile all the articles and reviews we’ve found right here.
- Full Pint Podcast — “Ep. 221: Vinnie and Matt – A Couple Of Pilsner Bois“
- PorchDrinking.com — “Vinnie Cilurzo & Matt Brynildson Discuss Their STiVO Pilsner Collaboration“
- Gear Patrol — “Firestone Walker and Russian River Drop Likely ‘Beer Collab of the Year’ Candidate, ‘STiVO’ Pils.“
- American Craft Beer — “Firestone Walker and Russian River Return Cult Pilsner“
- Brewbound — “Firestone Walker and Russian River Release Collaborative Pilsner“
- New School Beer — “Russian River + Firestone Walker STiVO Pilsner Released in Cans for the First Time“
- Brewpublic — “Firestone Walker and Russian River Return with STiVO Pils“
- Uncrate — “Firestone Walker x Russian River STiVO Keller Pils Beer“
- Beer Alien — “Firestone Walker & Russian River Unveil Collab Pilsner ‘STiVO’“
- Beer Advocate — “Firestone Walker & Russian River’s STiVO Returns, Canned for the First Time“
- Venice Paparazzi — “Firestone Walker Releases Collaboration with Russian River for an Epic, Made in Venice, Pilsner“
- Hopped LA — “Tasting STiVO Pils by Firestone Walker & Russian River“
See for yourself why everyone’s talking about STiVO. It’s available for a limited time in 4-pack 16-oz cans and on tap at our three locations — Paso Robles, Buellton, and Venice. It’s also on tap at both of Russian River’s locations — Windsor and Santa Rosa.