The Firestone Walker beer club begins a new chapter with the upcoming 2023 edition of the Brewmaster’s Collective, which ushers in a variety of new benefits and small-batch exclusives including a throwback allocation of the brewery’s iconic Pale 31.
Now entering its third year, the Brewmaster’s Collective has become a fixture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation, providing members with access to our most artisanal creations.
“It took us 25 years to launch our first beer club, and now we can’t imagine life without it,” said Brewmaster Matt Brynildson. “It is not only enabling us to create some really interesting beers – it’s also fostering a deeper personal connection with our most passionate fans.”
Current Brewmaster’s Collective members and people who joined the waitlist for the 2023 season have early access to enroll in the new season beginning Monday, November 7 at 10 a.m. Check your email for a link to join. Membership enrollment will open to the public at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, November 8.
Beers & Benefits
In all, the 2023 season of Brewmaster’s Collective will span four seasonal collections totaling 25 beers, including 16 member exclusives as well as curated merchandise and pairings. Each collection will feature five barrel-aged beers, supplemented separately by Propagator small-batch beers on a quarterly basis.
“The beer club provides a ready platform for our most artisanal brewing efforts,” Matt said. “We can dust off some of our greatest hits, collaborate with some of our favorite breweries, and let our creative juices run wild.
On that note, here’s the lowdown on the 2023 Brewmaster’s Collective.
Brewmaster’s Collective Welcome Kit
Ships in February
When you join the Brewmaster’s Collective, you become part of our family. It’s not just about the beer – it’s about connection. That’s why, in addition to our most coveted beers, you gain access to exclusive member events and other happenings. It all starts with our 2023 Welcome Kit, featuring our next barrel-aged Collective Choice (12.4% ABV) beer crafted in collaboration with our members. Your kit also includes a membership card, a commemorative brewmaster’s glass, and a custom dice set to keep you rolling throughout the year.
Collection 1: Parabola & Friends
Ships in February
Our first collection of 2023 sets the pace with two editions of our iconic Parabola imperial stout, accompanied by three of our most eclectic and creative Vintage beers to date. For all of you barrel-aged beer fans out there, this is a collection for the ages. Plus: curated food pairing.
- Parabola – Imperial Stout aged in Weller & Blanton Barrels – 13.5% ABV
- Paraboloid – Imperial Stout aged in 20-year Elijah Craig Barrels – 13% ABV
- Dad Bod Quad – Belgian Quad aged in Brandy Barrels. – 11% ABV
- Rye Chai Cha – Milk Stout with hai Spices aged in High Rye Whiskey & Chocolate Bitters Barrels – 9.5% ABV
- Coconut Rumdorado – Blonde Barleywine aged in Rum Barrels with Coconut – 12% ABV
Collection 2: Doubling Down
Ships in May
Our original flagship beer, DBA, takes center stage with two mind-blowing variants, accompanied by a trio of new offerings from our Vintage and Barrelworks programs – including our first Brewmaster’s Collective collaboration beer of 2023. Plus: exclusive merch item.
- Double DBA – Batch 10k – Imperial Special Bitter Ale aged in Old Fitzgerald Whiskey Barrels – 13% ABV
- Stickee Something – Central Coast Quad with Adjuncts – 13% ABV
- Tropical Superfruit – Tropical Sour Ale – 6% ABV
- Private Press Collab – Barrel-Aged Munich Wine – 14% ABV
- D(DB)2A – Imperial Special Bitter aged in Old Fitzgerald and 29-year Evan Williams Blue Label Barrels – 15% ABV
Collection 3: Legends Rise
Ships in July
Three Firestone Walker legends – Bravo, Sucaba, and Parabola – have been reprised like never before to anchor this collection, with each receiving new barrel and flavor treatments. Into this mix we have included a pair of new ultra-tasty collaborations. Plus: curated food paring.
- Sucaba – Barleywine aged in Blanton’s Bourbon Barrels – 12% ABV
- Bravo Extra – Bourbon Barrel-Aged Browniewine Ale – 11.5% ABV
- Saison Collab – Saison – 5.5% ABV
- Parabola Variant – Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout with Adjuncts – 14% ABV
- Weldwerks Collab – Bourbon Barrel-Aged Mole Imperial Stout – 10.5% ABV
Collection 4: Fall Classics
Ships in October
The next edition of our storied Anniversary Ale arrives with XXVII, blended once again with help from our local winemaker friends. It lands alongside a Side Project collaboration as well as three other distinct new offerings, all with one trait in common: bold, beautiful flavors made for fall enjoyment. Plus: exclusive merch item.
- XXVII Anniversary – Blended Barrel-Aged Ale – 11.5% ABV
- S’mores Stout – Barrel-aged Stout with Vanilla, Cocoa, and Cinnamon – 13% ABV
- Superfruit Classic – Cherry Sour Ale aged in Oak Barrels – 6.5% ABV
- Side Project Collaboration – Imperial Stout aged two years in Henry McKenna 10-year Barrels – 12.5% ABV
- Apple Jack – Imperial Blonde with Apple Juice aged in Apple, Cherry, and Peach Brandy Barrels – 12% ABV
Ships once per quarter
The Propagator is our hot-rod R&D brewhouse in Venice, California, setting the pace for what’s next from Firestone Walker. For the first time ever, the Brewmaster’s Collective will feature four individual Propagator exclusives, include a rare reprise of our iconic Pale 31 along with three massive new releases. Each drop of 16oz cans lands in between our for main collections throughout the year.
- Imperial Wit – 8% ABV
- Pale 31 – 4.9% ABV
- Belgian Tripel – 9% ABV
- Imperial Brown – 9% ABV
Membership doesn’t just stop at the beer. There are a number of additional perks offered to members of the 2023 Brewmaster’s Collective.
Birthday Gift – We’ll celebrate along with you during your birthday month and ensure you’re ready for a celebratory beer.
15% Off All Purchases – Members receive a 15% discount on all beer and merchandise purchased in-store or online, plus 15% off dining at all three of our California locations.
Free Shipping for Online Orders Over $40 – Free shipping for California members on any additional online orders over $40.
Ticketed Events – Access to private, member-only ticketed events to dive deeper into the collections.
VIP Taproom Access – Members jump to the front of the waitlist, receive a complimentary taster, $6 flights, and 15% off dining for up to four total guests.
Purchase Previous Exclusive Beers – Members will have periodic access to purchase past Brewmaster’s collective Exclusives and limited library offerings.
Lottery Chance to Purchase FWIBF Tickets – We’ve secured a number of 2023 Firestone Walker Invitational Beer Festival tickets for members to have a chance to purchase via lottery ahead of the general sale. Members will have additional opportunities during and surrounding the event.
Brewmaster’s Collective is open to residents 21 and older in California, Kentucky, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington DC. A 2023 annual membership in the Brewmaster’s Collective costs $499 plus tax and shipping, with optional pickup available at Firestone Walker’s locations in Paso Robles, Buellton, and Venice.