Kids aren’t the only ones who can have fun on Halloween. Stock up on your favorite candies and pair with a delicious craft beer.
We sat down with a few of our brewers to get their thoughts on the perfect beer and candy pairings for Halloween, or really, any time of the year.
Vintage Beer Pairings
- Parabola 2020 paired with Heath bar or Starburst
- Sucaba paired with Bi-O-Honey or Tootsie Roll Pop
- Velvet Merkin paired with Reese’s candy
- Helldorado paired with Mr. Goodbar
Our storied vintage beers aged in premium spirit barrels are rich, indulgent and full of flavor. Parabola 2020 is righteously dark and thick, with boldly balanced flavors of chocolate, charred oak, vanilla, black cherry and coffee – an easy pairing with a Heath Bar or other chocolatey goodness.
— Eric Ponce, Vintage Barrel Manager
Parabola and Starburst candies – it’s outside the box but the fruit characteristics will be great with the beer.
Barrelworks Wild Ale Pairings
- Big Mood paired with Cream Life Savers, Skittles or Raisins
- Champs de Fraises paired with Cream Starburst or Candy Corn
Eccentric and imaginative beers dedicated to all things wild – that’s Barrelworks. The bright, tartness of wild ales is heightened when paired with a creamy or more savory candy. Fresh fruits make for a refreshing pairing if you’re in the mood for something on the healthier side, but candy is great too.
Core and Propagator Beer Pairings
- Chocolate Chery Stout paired with Rice Crispy Treat
- Pivo paired with Lemonheads
- Mind Haze paired with Skittles, Gummy Worms or Peach Rings
- Gen-4 paired with Mike and Ike’s
- Welcome to LA paired with popcorn balls or kettle corn balls
Mind Haze is a hazy, juicy and tropical IPA. Those flavors are taken to the next level when enjoyed alongside a tropical, fruity candy.
At the end of the day, there’s no right or wrong answer. Our brew team has their preferences, just like you do.
Have a favorite Firestone beer and candy pairing? Take a photo and tag us on social media (@firestonewalker and #firestonewalker) for a chance to be featured on our Instagram story this Halloween. Cheers!